I have always been very particular about my hair and nails but it wasn’t until I became a mom of multiple children that I realized the importance of making myself a priority by recognizing how to maintain my physical, mental, and emotional health.
Although my daughter witnesses my personal self-care activities, it would be a disservice to miss a teaching opportunity in showing her the value of self-care.
Teaching her to love herself and operate at her best is something I value.
See our favorite activities that we enjoy during our 1:1 time.
- Mani + Pedi
- Hair appointments -Zion enjoys picking her own hair styles but of course, mother approved
- Store runs for room decorations
- Exploring Amazon
- Grabbing ice cream or making ice cream sundaes at home
- Riding in the car listening to music -blasting our favorites
- Writing in our combined mother/daughter journal
- Music and TikTok
- Riding bikes when the weather permits
- Going to eat- Outback wings are her favorite
- Starbucks Run
- Popcorn + Netflix
- Exploring make up- this is a new thing!
- Puzzles -I recently found three puzzles which she loves.
What are some of your self-care favorites that you and your daughter enjoy?
Below are a few journals that we have found successful…click on them and check them out!