- Start the day well
- Take care of your mental health
- Manage your Mommiehood hardships
Start the day well
Leverage your mornings with energy
Wake up before your kids.
I am familiar with the feeling that if I get up earlier than the kids and go to bed later than the kids…that doesn’t add up!
So my compromise was to start slow and get as much done as possible the night before.
I challenge you to get up 15 minutes earlier than everyone in your house. Use this time to pray for peace and wisdom during the day, make your coffee, and just relax.
Once the kids wake up, you will feel at ease and will be able to relax. You’ll notice your anxiety level is a lot lower; you’ll feel accomplished!
Take care of your mental health
- Drink a cup of coffee in the morning -I like to sit on the patio or at the kitchen table while I drink my entire cup of coffee
- Sit in your car- listen to music, read a book, take a nap-whatever works! It’s your world
- Go for a walk
- Take yourself to brunch
- Visit a family member
- Run to the store, even if you’re window shopping
- Grab some ice cream or your drink of choice and sit outside
- Call or text someone you love
- Write in your journal